Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turning of a Wheel is the image that comes to mind. So let's have a Wheel of Fortune card.

My biggest accomplishment in the last two years regarding Tarot (and other divinatory practices) studies is learning how to frame questions. It's similar to techniques used when interviewing someone to elicit stories and detailed information. Since this was an area that completely stumped me for the longest time, it feels good to have "parted" this particular curtain to a certain extent. I am still no where near adept, but I am definitely in this previously hidden room of ability.

I have been highly creative lately, beginning a blog, finding other bloggers, communicating via e-mail with tarot designers/writers, and generally seeing how Tarot has become the hub in the multi-spoked wheel that is my life.
I became a subscriber to Joanna Powell Colbert's newsletter. Her most recent issue is informative about what she is doing in her life and with the Gaian Tarot, and includes information about an event in April 2009 called the Readers Studio, hosted annually by The Tarot School. Now, see, probably most of the rest of you already knew about this event, but I'd never heard of it.

Also, I was catching up with some podcasts that I had missed hearing when they were first published, so finally caught up with Leisa ReFalo's Tarot Connection interview with Thalassa (Episode # 89), who began BATS, Bay Area Tarot Symposium. Thalassa is witty, hilarious, dramatic, entertaining and very enjoyable to listen to. In preparing for our trip to SF in December, I found Fields Books, one of the best metaphysical bookstores in the country. As one of those spooky synchronistic events, Thalassa was giving a talk the night of the day I was checking out Fields' event calendar.

So back to the newsletter by Joanna - It was an excellent example of a style to emulate for my own newsletter to be rolled out in 2009. I am gearing up to begin new strategies in marketing my massage practice. I recently read an excellent
Massage Magazine article called "Marketing in Tough Economic Times" and checked out the online extra called "6 Tips for Writing Your Own Newsletter." Joanna's newsletter had it all. I have a lot more study and homework to do!!

Spokes on my wheel: Growing my business, learning tarot, magick, creativity, art, writing, healing myself and others, living with love and compassion. I am sure I have a few more (how many spokes can there be on a wheel and it still functions?). To discover that Tarot is central to it all was an interesting and important revelation.

No comments: